Blog Flux LinkLog: Outgoing Link Logging and Click Tracking for Em duas línguas

Monday, August 16, 2004

Lixo, lixo e mais lixo ...

No this isn't the local rubbish tip, it is the entrance to one of the most beautiful spots in Portugal - Serra de Arrabida. I walk past it every day as I walk my dog or go cycling.

Oh yes - the wall that you see is the wall of the school - Lima de Freitas in Setubal.

The word lixo has a special connotation for me. It's not the same as rubbish. It implies an incredible disregard for public spaces by a significant number of people. And negligence on the part of the local camara (council) and schools in terms of dealing with the problem.

Anway, now you can feel like you'e doing something by writing to the e-government portal and making a Denunçia Ambiental. I'm intrigued to see if it works.

1 Comments:

Blogger Harold Jarche said...

Interesting blog - I wish you luck! I work quite often in my second language, French, and am also interested in the two cultures perspective that you have. I look forward to reading your posts.

I noticed similar garbage when visiting Tunisia - this disregard for public space. Never thought of it that way. We're not a whole lot better in N. America, but we hide the garbage better.

8/17/2004 03:21:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home