Blog Flux LinkLog: Outgoing Link Logging and Click Tracking for Em duas línguas

Monday, October 04, 2004

Time for making meaning

I'm deeply immersed in working on a project that is taking place in two languages at the moment. I always SAY that you have to be prepared for the extra TIME it takes to work in two languages (and with all the social and cultural dynamics that two languages represent). I even write and publish guidelines and recommendations that stress TIME as a crucial factor that is often overlooked and always unerestimated.

And I've deeply underestimated it myself - again. So just in case I should ever forget - let this blog entry be a reminder to me: NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE TIME IT TAKES TO WORK MEANINGFULLY WITH PEOPLE IN TWO LANGUAGES.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home