Blog Flux LinkLog: Outgoing Link Logging and Click Tracking for Em duas línguas

Sunday, February 06, 2005

A blogistential crisis

I haven't written anything here for a while. I think I'm having a bit of a blogistential crisis. A friend, who is Portuguese, lives in Moscow and reads my blog, said it wasn't what she expected.

Her comment threw me.
What do "people" expect? And who are the people?

I distract myself and google blogistential crisis. Does anyone else in the world has one? Yes! "Nina turns 40" has one. Not least of all because she's turning 42. But she's a "lustful vagabond wild woman feminist writer social scientist woo woo chick" whose entertaining style of writing catches me in an insecure moment and my crisis deepens.

So I turn to the other person in my online universe who is sharing the same problem. She's "a mormon woman living in Gotham. She's sexy! She's single!....She's celibate." She's also decided to stop writing about her online dating stories and get back on focus - her teaching and her PhD.

Gasp! maybe there's more to a blogistential crisis than meets the eye. Perhaps it's a crisis that only intelligent, sexy, wild women who write blogs go through. Hey! Maybe this is what people should expect.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nancy White said...

But hey, at least we can share our crises now much easier, eh? Maybe we need a tag for blogistential crisis and we can confuse the folksonomies of the world with the emanations of wild women.

2/07/2005 05:10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I'm glad you found me. Notice that I'm still plunking along, much as before. Blogging is just one of those things I can't seem to stop, crisis or no. And I agree--these things are much better when shared.
nina

2/07/2005 07:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home