Blog Flux LinkLog: Outgoing Link Logging and Click Tracking for Em duas línguas

Sunday, July 31, 2005

A rope bondage session

So, you want to know what happened?

Kids ... don't read on!

Well, the location was a run-down building on a street corner in San Francisco which was normally a smut shop (mostly sold over the Internet). The atmosphere was a brownie (or scout) meeting with the host, a large smiling lady in her sixties with a cane, who welcomed us and opened the session with the ringing of a little bell. She also told us the time of the break and how we'd know the break was over when she rang the bell again.

Midori, fetish diva, was there to lead the session. Dressed in grey crimpolene trousers and long-sleeved pale green nylon shirt, she first went round to comment on the ropes people had brought. Some beautiful colours, some made of nylon, others hemp, other soft rope - each with its advantages and disadvantages. I learn that one of the best places to get rope for bondage is from Twisted Monk in Seattle. We also got some handouts with a reading list and mailing lists and discussion groups which I can pass on to who's interested.

The rhythm of the session is that Midori demonstrated and then we practiced on the partner we went with. There were seven pairs, five couples, two "singles" who paired up for the session and my friend and I. So we went through the motions of tying each other up in different ways and with different knots. After each practice Midori would elicit answers to questions like "Why do we do this?" "Yes, that's right. It's decorative. Another reason?" "Yes, good. It's fun. And?" "Yes, this one stimulates the nipple piercing. And ...?"

I think we learned about five different ways to tie someone up, including some useful quick-release knots for those times when you might be interrupted by kids or parents. I didn't take notes so I'm not sure I'll remember them without practice. But I can always join the mailing lists or discussion groups to keep up. Midori gave us hints about the ones which were too tecchie and those which were more focused on people and interaction and fun.

I don't know if the feeling of disconnect between the genre and the content was because I had gone there straight from a trans-Atlantic flight, but it was the genre disconnect that I enjoyed the most. Also, I hadn't expected to feel the satisfaction of making someone look beautiful with good knots - like doing cat's cradle on a bigger scale. It didn't feel at all erotic and I even found myself wondering if it would be a good "warmer" for a training session where you wanted people to get to know each other and create an atmosphere of trust. Hmm, maybe I'll try it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home