Blog Flux LinkLog: Outgoing Link Logging and Click Tracking for Em duas línguas

Monday, October 03, 2005

Please help me keep my mouth shut

I laughed at my son's comment today. "You're like superman" he said. "You act all reserved and dumb in your job and then come home, put on your headphones, and write and skype away at the computer to save the world!"

My problem now is that the real me might be found out. I seem to be the only one with practical experience to advise our Insitution about what to do in this big Bolonha drama which threatens to turn upside down the structure, learning paradigms and future of our Institution. But ... I'm the English bimbo whose doctorate and work has been ruled "irrelevant" over the years. I'm the person who people thought was steering my horse in the wrong direction - while I, in my mind, explored surer and surer ground.

And I have paid the price for that, surviving politically only because i keep my other character hidden - taking on Clark's personna while I'm at work, listening to a lot of nonsense in one life and then turning to my real identity outside work.

In the meantime may have galloped off too far. I don't know how much I care about those blobs on fine horses that have let the tornado catch up with them. Why should my humble pony come back to help?

But then why can't I keep my mouth shut in our meetings with the President? If I'm not careful she's going to see through my disguise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home