Getting ready: next phase
So I haven't been blogging much because:
1. I've had lots of reports to write and work to finish.
2. I'm starting some new projects and have to take care of them.
3. I'm working at less than half speed because I am tired and I dream of going to the beach and doing holiday like things.
4. I feel the time has come to start a new blog.
5. I've been wondering about the question: who am I?
But ... reports have mostly been written, new projects are on the schedule and I think I've got a bit of headspace to go to the beach. Who am I will change as I've decided to work only part-time in Ensino Superior and continue doing more of my own projects - related to designing for learning in distributed communities.
What's more, getting less fuzzy about my identity helps me conceptualise the transition to my new blog. And although it might not be obvious, getting clearer about my identity will also help me finish writing my doctorate.
As for my new blog I've been toying with converting to Wordpress. But yesterday I got distracted with the new Blogger in beta. What I have always liked about Blogger (unlike Wordpress, Typepad etc.) is that you can manipulate the html stuff much easier - but what has bugged me (not to mention the boring templates) is that you can't categorise your posts. Now with Blogger in beta you can categorize your posts. Another small but welcome change is that you can preview your post before sending it.
So ... here's to the small and big things that signal a next phase creeping up!
Tags: identity,, phd