Blog Flux LinkLog: Outgoing Link Logging and Click Tracking for Em duas línguas

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Who are you?

"I don't see" said the Caterpillar.
"I'm afraid I can't put it more clearly," Alice replied very politely, "for I can't understand it myself to begin with; and being so many different sizes in a day is very confusing."
"It isn't," said the Caterpillar.
"Well, perhaps you haven't found it so yet," said Alice; "but when you have to turn into a chrysalis - you will some day, you know - and then after that into a butterfly, I should think you'll feel it a little queer, won't you?"
"Not a bit," said the Caterpillar.
"Well, perhaps your feelings may be different," said Alice; "all I know is, it would feel very queer to me."
"You!" said the Caterpillar contemptuously. "Who are you?"

(excerpt from Lewis Carroll, 1978, page 76)

Sometimes I get the feeling that Lewis Carroll already wrote a lot of my PhD for me. This excerpt came from "Advice from a Caterpillar". ... or is it an excerpt from my thesis? ... or is it "Em Duas Linguas"?

Maybe my identification with Alice comes from being an estranha! I notice that I have continued Alice's story from a previous posting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home