Blog Flux LinkLog: Outgoing Link Logging and Click Tracking for Em duas línguas

Friday, January 20, 2006

Alentejocoast.com

I went to check out the site of Alentejocoast.com after Marjolein Feith, the "initiator and storyteller" wrote to ask if they could include my link on their site. It's an online magazine from the Alentejo coast in English. It's full of rich articles about art, food and wine, music, and buying a house. For sure I'm very happy to have my blog included there. The magazine is just terrific.

I'm only frustrated that, like most online magazines and newspapers in Portugal, they don't have an RSS feed. If a page doesn't have an RSS feed, then it drops off my map. Nothing to do with the quality of the page, but just because if it doesn't come to me, then I deal first with the other million things in my life that do.

And talking of RSS feeds, how come Google News from all the English speaking countries have a feed, but the non-English language countries, including Google News Portugal don't?

Tags: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Harry said...

You really are too busy. While bloglines is a great invention, monitoring RSS feeds on our behalf, I can't limit myself to that.

My FT links are not from reading the site - heaven forbid - but taking the newspaper to lunch with me. It keeps me sane, reminds me that management techniques do exist, despite my day-to-day experiences. Reading the FT e-mail subscription service, pushed onto my Palm, is not even close for quality.

Can't offer you a solution, I'm afraid. I use a mixture of a links page and browser favourites.

1/20/2006 08:56:00 PM  
Blogger bev trayner said...

Hi Harry, following your example I bought myself a real newspaper today and read it in a café over a meia de leite. I've almost forgotten what that feels like.

1/21/2006 04:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home