Blog Flux LinkLog: Outgoing Link Logging and Click Tracking for Em duas línguas

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Advice from Dean dad

As I squirm and struggle to finish my dissertation I find this post from "Dean dad" who keeps the blog Confessions of a Community College Dean.

Here's an excerpt from the post that had me chuckling like a mad woman as he describes his own process of getting the d*** thing finished.

"Looking at it now, it’s still not very satisfying. It’s still sorta half-baked, with a particularly weak conclusion and a few cringe-inducing moments, but it has something it didn’t have then. It has signatures.

Now that I’m on the hiring side, I can say with even greater confidence that there are exactly two kinds of dissertations in the world.

The two kinds of dissertations in the world:

1. Done, Defended, Degree in Hand

2. Other"

A comment on his posting gives another piece of advice which is also music to my ears: "It doesn't have to be good. It only has to be done."

Yes - until I'm done, I'm other.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home