Blog Flux LinkLog: Outgoing Link Logging and Click Tracking for Em duas línguas

Monday, August 22, 2005

Em duas linguas - blip.tv - Blogher

Today I watched myself on someone else's blog.
http://blip.tv/file/786

On the one hand it was weird because I had no idea it was going to be me on the video. On the other hand it captured so well some of the essence of a fundamental point of our session at the recent Blogher conference in Santa Clara, USA. The video is with Bev Trayner, Noriko Takiguchi, Anna John of SepiaMutiny, Lilia Efimova, and Nancy White reading a letter from Dina Mehta.

I know that some people in our audience at the conference would have liked to hear more of the drama of blogs and globalisation. For example, how they have saved the lives of a woman or child writing to the outside world from a position of danger.

And those examples are tremendously important. But there's hardly one day that goes past when I don't realise that it's the supposedly small understanding and small gestures that have the greatest long-term impact. It's usually more difficult to capture them, or to raise interest and money for them.

I have never liked video but I have to say that I'm intrigued and tempted by the idea of a video blog. I will definitely be checking out blip.tv better. It prompted me to remember the importance of capturing the apparently small things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home