Blog Flux LinkLog: Outgoing Link Logging and Click Tracking for Em duas línguas

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Inglêsa with manias

My son is stuck in writing his blog. He's trying hard at school. He's listening to the teacher who recently told him that to write well you have to write correctly. And when you write you must never use the personal pronoun "I".

Now his blog hangs in the air for all to see. A permanent testimony to his language mistakes in English (his second language) and to writing in the first person. I thought of going to speak to the Director de Turma - but I already know the poor man's polite expression and glazed eyes as he has to listen again to that inglesa with manias.

Other parents go to talk about their kid's faltas and mal comportamento - while this parent has a bee in her bonnet about blogs, the importance of making mistakes, and writing in the first person!

2 Comments:

Blogger Harry said...

I can relate to that.

Try talking to maths and science teachers about encouraging the children to think rather than regurgitate, teaching methods instead of solutions.

Complete waste of time.

2/10/2006 08:37:00 AM  
Blogger bev trayner said...

Sigh.

My heart sinks every time he says "I have to estudar as matérias. He's proud that he can learn it off by heart.

2/10/2006 08:47:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home