Blog Flux LinkLog: Outgoing Link Logging and Click Tracking for Em duas línguas

Friday, February 24, 2006

Scruffy learning

Wonderful quote from Robert Schank, chapter 9 "Information is surprises". He says:
I'm what is often referred to in the literature as "the scruffy"; I'm interested in all the complicated, un-neat phenomena there are in the human mind. I believe that the mind is a hodge-podge of a range of oddball things that cause us to be intelligent, rather than the opposing view, which is that somehow there are neat, formal principles of intelligence.
Hey -me too! I take a scruffy, rafeira view of learning.

Thanks Monica for the link! I have the book at home and had almost forgotten this chapter.


"The Third Culture: Beyond the Scientific Revolution" (John Brockman)


Technorati Tags:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home